So I’ve been trying to figure exactly what all was included in order to “sweeten” the Bail Out package enough to get it to pass. I can’t beleive how hard it seems to be to find out exactly what is included, and I can’t beleive some of the things I’m hearing/reading are a part of it. It really bugs me that so much that had nothing to do with the bail-out is included in this package. Talk about pork barreling.
Here is the list I’ve compiled so far…Let me know if you know of more.
- Almost a $200 million tax rebate for the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico’s rum production
- Tax credit that exempts wooden practice arrows used by children from an excise tax of 39 cents per arrow (2 million)
- Tax credit for race-track owners. (100 million)
- A tariff relief measure for US worsted wool fabric producers that use imported yarns (148 million)
- temporarily raising the FDIC insurance cap to $250,000 from $100,000
- Tax credit for bicycle commuters
- Extends a number of renewable energy tax breaks for individuals and businesses, including a deduction for the purchase of solar panels.
- Research and development credit for businesses and the credit that allows individuals to deduct state and local sales taxes on their federal returns.
- In addition, the bill includes relief for another year from the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Insurance companies would have to provide coverage for mental health services comparable to what they provide for other health care.